Many clubs have a large number of participants, and often have a need to restrict the list of participants to those appropriate for a given need. Person Filters are used to save search criteria for use in multiple parts of the system. A filter can be applied to a Custom Person List, or when sending an email to a specific group of people via the Email People function, for example.
Teams or Administration (MODE) > People > Person Filters
· Click Add New Filter
· Complete the Filter Name field. This will be the name used to identify the Filter on pages which use Person Filters (such as Custom Player Lists and Team Selection).
· Optionally, enter a Filter Description. This is only displayed on the Person Filter Management screen to further describe the Filter.
· Select whether the filter is Dynamic or Static
o DYNAMIC filters are based on search criteria such as date of birth, player status etc. This means that the participants that appear within DYNAMIC filters can change as their data changes. For example, if a filter was set up to return all participants under 18 years of age, the list would return those under 18 at the time the filter is run. As participants turn 18, they would automatically 'disappear' from the filter results. See below for further details.
o STATIC filters are collections of participants that are not dependent on any criteria – you simply add the participants to the filter. Whilst Static filters are useful in cases where Dynamic filters cannot return the desired results, Static filters must be manually updated as participants need to be added or removed. See below for further details.
- Make a selection in the Role and Sub-Role fields. You can also filter by the Advanced options, including DOB, Association, Registration Period, Registration Type etc.
- Hit 'Preview' to filter for any edits you've made and hit 'Save' when you're satisfied with your selection.
· Move participants to or from the Chosen participants list:
NOTE: you can include a mixture of Active and Inactive participants for any Static filter
o Click Save Filter
Keywords: special, select, specific, group, information