Custom Person Fields
Menu: People > Custom Person Fields
Custom Person fields allow the capture of extra information which is not available on the standard person edit screen.
EG: a club may wish to record Emergency contact details, or parent/guardian information in the case of junior players.
Club administrators can maintain a player's custom field data via the Custom Fields tab of the player record (accessible from a player list or player search). Participants can also login and update their own information.
A Custom Person List can also be set up to summarise, output and extract this information. In the same way, associations can set up fields relating to their umpires, or to gather information regarding players from affiliated clubs.
· Follow the above menu path
· Click Add New Custom Field
· Complete the Field Name field. Maximum 20 characters
· Complete the Field Description field. Maximum 100 characters
· Select the relevant option from the Field Type drop down list
o Text Box - free text can be entered into the field (a max of 1000 characters can be entered) - eg
o Drop Down List - a single choice can be selected from a list of options presented as a dropdown list - eg Choice 1Choice 2
o Radio Button List - a single choice can be selected from a list of options presented as a radio buttons - eg Choice 1Choice 2
o Check Box List - multiple choices can be selected from a list of options presented as a dropdown list - eg Option 1Option 2
· If applicable, enter the options for the field. Options must be separated by commas: eg essendon,geelong,richmond or YES,NO. At least one option must be entered.
· Optionally, select a Role/Sub-Role from the Apply to Role/Sub-Role drop down list.
NOTE: If a selection is made in the top (Role) drop down, this will make the field available only to person records which have the Role (regardless of the sub-role held). For example, you could apply the field to just people who have PLAYER roles.
If a selection is made in the bottom (Sub-Role) dropdown, this will make the field available only to person records which have the specific sub-role. For example, you could apply the field to just people who have the PLAYER-JUNIOR sub-roles.
If selections are made in both dropdowns, the Role dropdown take precedence.
If you don't make a selection in either dropdown, the fields will apply to all person records irrespective of Role/Sub-role.
· Associations and higher level organisations can also select whether to apply the field to child organisations by selecting the Child Orgs checkbox. If selected, a Role must also be selected. For example, if an association checks the checkbox in the Child orgs column, and PLAYER is selected, then all PLAYERS for affiliated clubs will have access to the field. Leave the checkbox unchecked to apply the field to your own organisation only.
· Type a sort order from 1 to 255 directly into the Sort Order field. Fields will be sorted in the order both on this screen and on the player/umpire edit screen
· Click Update to add the new Custom Person Field
Certain custom fields may be locked, which means they cannot be edited or deleted from this screen. Please submit a support request detailing the field you wish to edit/delete that is locked.
Keywords: specific, data, information, special, customised, player