In 2019/20, Australian Cricket implemented online registration for all Junior Cricket players. This document is to help clubs transitioning Master Blasters to Junior Cricket in the same season.
Any participant who registers to a Cricket Blast program is only insured for the length and activities of that program. The individual insurance fee is covered in the base price of each program which gets paid directly to Cricket Australia.
- This means that if you have a Master Blaster that is ready to play in Junior Competition they must register for Junior Club Cricket at playcricket.com.au and pay the $5 Insurance fee to cover them for all club cricket matches and activities. This insurance will cover them through to the end of this season – inclusive of any games or activities at other clubs or competitions (eg Representative, School, Senior or Changing Clubs).
SO, CAN A MASTER BLASTER PLAY IN A JUNIOR CRICKET COMPETITION?
- These players will not be insured and cannot be selected in a Junior Club team (Stage 1 and above) unless they register online with their Club as a Junior Cricket player.
INSURANCE GRACE PERIOD?
- All players and Clubs have a 4-game grace period whereby a Junior player (and Club) WILL be insured without registering online via playcricket.com.au and paying the $5 fee.
- In the instance that you have a participant playing in these 4-games you can still use the MyCricket Live Score app for this game. Enter this participant as an “Unknown Player”, score as usual and upload. The player stats can be transferred to the correct MyCricket ID once the player has registered for Junior Club Cricket.
INCORRECTLY SIGNED UP TO MASTER BLASTERS NOT JUNIOR CRICKET?
- Unfortunately, there is no way transfer a Cricket Blast player to a Junior Cricket Team. You’ll need to arrange a refund for your Master Blasters registration and sign up fresh to Junior Cricket.
WAIVING JUNIOR CRICKET FEES FOR NEWLY GRADUATED MASTER BLASTERS
That’s a great idea! And encourages players to keep moving through the pathway.
- In this instance your players will still need to pay the $5 insurance fee and formerly register through playcricket.com.au.
- To do this create a “Junior Registration Product” of $0.00 to offer to these players.