What is the online insurance pilot?
- Australian Cricket has built functionality) to enable players to register online to play cricket, and pay all associated fees at the same time (including insurance).
- We are running a Pilot (in Season 18/19) to test our system and adopt the learnings, before rolling it out across Australian Cricket (in season 19/20).
Why are we proposing this change?
- We want to make the admin easier so your role is more fun and enjoyable and allows you to focus on making your association and club even better
- Our vision is to deliver the best online registration experience in Grassroots sport.
- To give players and parents a professional registration process which will reduce administrative burden as well as help all levels of cricket have more individualized participation data.
- To align ourselves with other sports such as AFL, Soccer, Netball, Hockey, Tennis who already have compulsory online registration in place.
When will this change take place?
- July 12th (Season 2018/2019)
Who is involved in the pilot?
A selected number of associations in both juniors and seniors from QLD and New South Wales will participate in the pilot in 2018/2019. Associations on board so far:
- Clarence River Junior Association – all clubs.
- Toowoomba Cricket Association - all clubs.
How much is the Junior Insurance fee?
All Juniors in the pilot will need to pay the $5 insurance fee set by Cricket Australia. This fee will only need to be paid once for the 2018/19 cricket season (even if you pay for multiple clubs/teams).
How much is the Senior Insurance fee?
All Seniors in the pilot will need to pay the $5 insurance fee set by Cricket Australia. This fee will only need to be paid once for the 2018/19 cricket season (even if you pay for multiple clubs/teams).
Where will the player/participant see the insurance fee stated in the online registration form?